Social Marketing empowers small and medium size businesses to grow their fan base and turn online leads into raving customers.
With our Social Marketing products, you can respond to recent customer posts, uncover potential prospects and easily discover interesting and relevant content to build their social audience.
Connecting Social Media Accounts
To post to social media accounts, users must first connect their accounts in Social Marketing.
Note: It is recommended that connect connect accounts in an incognito/private browsing session. Social networks will generally try to connect the account you are already logged in as. Using an incognito/private browsing session will prevent those accounts from being used accidentally.
Connecting your accounts
- From Social Marketing, select Settings > Connect Accounts
From here you can begin adding your social accounts by selecting + next to the relevant selection.
- Select + tobe taken to the Facebook Login screen.
- Sign in to a Facebook account that administers the Facebook page.
- Select the Facebook page associated with the business, then click Add.
- You will be redirected to the Connect Accounts page. The selected pages–as well as the account connected–should be displayed for Facebook.
Google My Business
- Select ADD, and you will be asked to sign in to your Google account.
- Once signed in, you will be asked to give our application permission to access your account. Select ALLOW to continue.
- This will take you back to Social Marketing, where you can choose the relevant location, and select ADD to connect your Google My Business account.
All Instagram connections must be first be connected to a corresponding Facebook page.
Instagram accounts connected to Social Marketing must be Business or Professional accounts.
To add an account:
- Select ADD. Enter your Facebook credentials.
- Choose the page associated with your Instagram account.
- Select the Instagram page. Click Add.
Twitter does not distinguish between professional and personal accounts.
To add an account:
- Select the ADD button to be directed to a Twitter login page asking if you would like to authorize our application.
- Enter your Twitter login credentials, and select Authorize App. You will then be redirected back to the Connect Accounts page where you should now see your Twitter account connected.
In order to authenticate LinkedIn, we currently allow LinkedIn Personal accounts to be connected to Social Marketing.
However, we encourage users to connect their LinkedIn Business page.
To add a LinkedIn account:
- Select ADD and you will be directed to a LinkedIn login page asking if you would like to authorize our application.
- Enter your LinkedIn login information, and select Allow access.
- You will be redirected back to Social Marketing where you can select the appropriate LinkedIn pages you would like to connect.
- Once you’ve made your selections, click ADD to be taken back to the Connect Accounts page where you should now see your LinkedIn pages connected.
Social Marketing users can manage multiple accounts for most social networks, with the exception of Instagram and Google My Business.
The table below shows the maximum number of accounts that can be connected using a single Social Marketing account.
|Network||Google My Business|
|Max. number of accounts||5||4||4||1||1|
What Content and Data does Social Marketing Monitor?
Social Marketing tracks data on the Reach and Engagement (Facebook reactions, shares, likes, etc.) on all posts made through the app and in some instances, posts made outside of the product.
This data appears in the Post Performance tab in Social Marketing.
However, certain social networks restrict the information Social Marketing can pull in from posts published before an account has been connected to Social Marketing.
The tables below specify what kinds of posts and relevant information can be gathered by Social Marketing.
Once an account has been connected to Social Marketing, the app will begin pulling in the following information for posts made on that account before it was connected.
|Previous posts||Reach and Engagement data on previous posts||Customer replies on previous posts|
Social Marketing will pull in historical data and post performance for posts made organically through Facebook*, Twitter, Instagram, GMB**, and LinkedIn*** (from the moment it became a business profile) or another social media publisher.
*Due to Facebook API restrictions, only data from the last 100 posts made before connection date will be reported within Social Marketing.
**Due to GMB API restrictions, all previous posts will be shown, but only reach and engagement data from 530 days before connection date will be reported within Social Marketing.
***Due to LinkedIn API restrictions, only data from the last 1,000 posts made before connection date will be reported within Social Marketing.
Posts published through Social Marketing
The following information is monitored for posts that have been published via Social Marketing.
|Post content (text, media, links, etc.)||Reach and Engagement data||Customer replies|
*Due to Twitter API restrictions, only Engagement data (retweets and favorites) will be reported within Social Marketing.