What Are Review Signals?
Review signals are signals that Google uses to determine the quality and relevance of a business in local search results. They are based on the online reviews that a business has received from customers, as well as the overall sentiment of those reviews.
Google uses review signals as a way to measure the popularity and credibility of a business. When a business has many high-rated reviews from customers, Google considers it to be more important and relevant, and it will rank higher in local search results.
There are several factors that Google takes into account when evaluating review signals, including:
- Quantity of reviews: The number of reviews that a business has received is one factor that Google uses to determine its importance. However, it’s not just about the number of reviews; the quality of the reviews is also important.
- Quality of reviews: Google looks at the overall sentiment of the reviews that a business has received. Reviews that are positive and informative are more valuable than reviews that are negative or spammy.
- Recency of reviews: Google also takes into account the recency of reviews. Recent reviews are generally considered more valuable than older reviews.
- Diversity of reviews: Google looks at the diversity of reviews that a business has received. A business with reviews from a variety of sources is generally considered more credible than a business with reviews from only one source.
There are several ways to improve your business’s review signals, including:
- Encourage customers to leave reviews: Encourage your satisfied customers to leave reviews on your business’s Google My Business listing, as well as on other review sites such as Yelp and TripAdvisor.
- Respond to reviews: Show your customers that you value their feedback by responding to their reviews, whether they are positive or negative.
- Monitor your online reputation: Keep track of the reviews that your business is receiving and take steps to address any negative feedback.
- Foster a culture of customer satisfaction: Provide excellent customer service and encourage your employees to go above and beyond to ensure that your customers are happy with their experience. This will help to generate positive reviews and improve your business’s review signals.